Thursday, June 30, 2005

My Cat Died

Well, my cat had to be put to sleep. Mitzi was 12 years old so she had a long enough life. She apparently had an infection of the vestibualr system, most likely caused by peridontal disease that migrated from her jaw to her skull. The vet said that her x-ray showed desintegration of the skull and subsequent regrowth in an irregular pattern. I think she was leaking CSF from her skull. But, alas, she died. She was in pain and it was time for her to go. I was very sad, but I've recovered and luckily I have another cat to occupy my down time.

From now on, I will take care of my other cat's teeth as well as my own.

So long,
Kiki

3 Comments:

At 9:13 AM, Blogger Kimberly Brixey said...

Oh bless your heart. Does this mean you won't have to hide your "clothes" (for the sake of the post)? What a great 'cat story' though (the clothes dragging out part). I can't remember if that was Mitzi or not. I know you will miss her.

I had a similiar periodontal guilt experience with my son. He hated the dentist so much I had a hard time getting anyone to see him so I gave up. His tooth erupted and I had to take him in. $900 later he had four crowns, a space maintainer, and a two cavities filled. I was told it all could have been avoided with "Good Home Care." But guilt is not from the Lord, we just press onward, Hoorah!

 
At 1:12 AM, Blogger kiki said...

Yes, that was Mitzi that used to drag my clothes out into the living room. Were you there when she dragged 4 or 5 pairs of dirty socks out into the living room where everyone was located through the course of the evening? So now I don't have to worry about my clothes anymore, but I did feel a little guilty about her teeth. I hope you can find just the right dentist so Connor will be okay with periodic visits.

 
At 12:12 PM, Blogger Kimberly Brixey said...

Awe. Yes, I was there when your cat drug out your clothes. It was so funny. Answer to prayer: my son found a great dentist and for the strangest reason was so comfortable there and gave the dentist no trouble at all. Not to mention our final bill was only $900 compared to the almost $8,400 estimates at other locations. It was a God send and his teeth are on the road to recovery.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home