Thursday, December 01, 2005

The Ed Psych Society strikes again! and other ramblings

Our end-of-the-semester lunch went off without a hitch. It was beautiful (that half that I was there for anyways). Our advisor said that she received compliments from many of the faculty members afterwards, extolling our efforts and ativities. Ahhh...praise is like soft feathers billowing around me (or whatever that means). I even spoke with complete ease and comfort during my part of the presentation. I love this department; it feels like home.

I gave out the teacher evaluation suveys in my class. I was remarkably nonchalant about that, too. It seems to not really matter that much to me. Of course, when I get them back, I may be singing a different tune (a dirge, perhaps?).

I spoke with my teaching advisor, as well. I always enjoy quizzing him on every teaching question that comes to my mind. And despite my dour feelings about teaching, I'm still flooded with questions, curiosities, ideas about the very nature of teaching (particulary classroom management).

I've discovered that there is nothing I like more than conversing with intelligent others about topics that are mutually interesting. Oh, the beauty of it, the sheer flow of ideas, the broadening of understanding. It's glorious. I only hope that the brown bag research colloquium I'm in charge of next semester will provide a forum for such an exchange of minds.

Now I must get back to writing the final for my class. There is only so much time left to complete everything in the next few days, yet sill, I feel no pressure. Which is very nice.....I hope it lasts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home