Friday, January 27, 2006

Know thyself...

I have an incessant need to analyze things to a pulp, especially myself. This is contrasted, however, with my extremely well-developed denial mechanisms. Stressed? Me? What would I be stressed about? For the most part, it turns out that whatever it was that I denied I was stressed over really wasn't that much of a big deal. Take yesterday, for example, I stressed myself out of sleeping, even though I could only guess at what was the cause of my unease. The next day? Breezed through the stats class. My research meeting? Went just fine, had a pleasant, productive time. Although the undergrad did make fun of me as I anticipated. He called me a nerd. But, it was funny and it reflects how comfortable we feel around each other. He paid attention and paticipated. And, hey, there's an element of truth to his statemet. :)

So my self-diagnosis? I'm a perfectionist masquerading as an easy-going person, and I mainly just don't like having to wake up early in the morning!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home