Monday, February 06, 2006

Frustrating day

I'm really frustrated. I felt like I should go to the library today and get articles that aren't online. So I copied two articles and brought them home to read. For some reason, I was hoping they'd have some fantastic piece of information to clarify a direction for research. But, one of the articles made the unusual suggestion that language development is related to the development of personality (or temperament). Huh? And I couldn't understand the other article about latent class modeling of a reading comprehension test. It seemed to suggest that only inference-type questions fit a model of mastery/nonmastery. Uggh! Back to the drawing board.

2 Comments:

At 8:14 AM, Blogger Kimberly Brixey said...

It just struck me... maybe because I am now in Leadership Class...that maybe the trip to the library was not about articles (although that could have been a perk) but maybe there was something or someone, an encounter that you missed. Did you have an opportunity to share your faith or show God's love to someone along the way? Then all is not wasted. (Definitely been to Pieter's Leadership class, huh?)

 
At 4:23 PM, Blogger kiki said...

I think I realized what it was that I missed. I talked with a new international student today and she said that she had been at the library on Sunday and couldn't figure out how to get her articles or get online. So I think I missed the opportunity to meet up with her and help her out (we missed each other by an half-an-hour). I set up a time to help her next week. But, I wish I had helped her when she needed it in the moment.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home