Sunday, December 10, 2006

I want to take another vacation

And not just any vacation. I want to go back to San Antonio, Texas and revisit the Riverwalk. I want to recapture the beautiful weather and freeze it for all time. I want to live in that quaint historic hotel and sit on the veranda, sipping coffee and reading. I want to sit in on academic talks and discuss deep theoretical issues of psychology and education to whomever has a willing ear. Can't I have intellectual stimulation in a soothing environment, with no deadlines, no stress, and no assignments? Only that which I want to accomplish of my own volition, with nothing attached but a personal sense of satisfaction and accomplishment.

Oh, sweet San Antonio, you represent all that I enjoy, my desired final destination. Would that you were a constant state. Would that I could attain your bliss anywhere, anytime. Sigh, surely you are attainable. For you are a mere fragment of a thought away.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home