Saturday, November 18, 2006

Arrrrrrgh!!!!!!!

I decided to change up my design on the grant proposal to make the model experimental/ between subjects rather than correlational/within subjects. But, now I can't figure out what the model is supposed to look like!!! Argh!!!!!

Does anyone out there know what an experimental SEM model with two mediational variables, two experimental conditions, and one pre/post condition is supposed to look like?Beats me....

I'm surprised I'm still functioning. I went to bed at 9:30pm last night because I was so worn out from the insane week I had. The previous post was just an inkling of what the rest of my week was like. By Thursday night, I was feeling deathly tired as I worked in the computer lab. I was so glad my coworker showed up, even though he didn't have to be there. He took care of the lab, while I rested on the couch.

Man, so many things have happened that I just simply can't process it all and now I'm wracking my brain to make this grant proposal work! When will the insanity end?

New Prof doesn't think he can give me a stipend after all. But, he thinks he can move money around for my project. I've decided to ask him to co-sponsor me on this NIH-NRSA proposal and hopefully I can get this grant. Sigh...

I talked to my biology contact and figured out how much this might cost. Then I talked with my advisor and informed her of what I've been doing. She was all concerned about the other SEM project I was going to do with her. Don't worry Advisor! I'll do that project, too. Then she finally sent the dissertation that I asked her to send, once she understood that I wanted to do the same thing for my dissertation. As it turns out, this dissertation is by a grad student that was in my cohort during my Master's program. One more reminder that my academic detour has left me trailing behind others. But, my advisor strongly hinted that she would like my feedback on her dissertation so that she can incorporate that into her own feedback. Ha, ha, my advisor makes me laugh. No, I'm not being facetious this time. It really does make me feel better that my advisor sought out my feedback on another grad student's dissertation, when I'm not even at the dissertatin' stage yet.

Now if only I could find the time to actually do that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home