Thursday, September 27, 2007

Trip to the Dentist

I actually had a rather pleasant dental appointment today. Both hygienist and the dentist were very nice and complimented me on my teeth. But, I was expecting a scary time of it because I hadn't seen the dentist in about 3 years (gasp!). I didn't have any cavities, and my gums hadn't receded like I thought. In fact, the hygienist thought my gums were fine and getting gum grafts was not necessary at this point. Some hygienists are a bit uppity and will judge you for everything wrong with your teeth. Ever been to one of those? Well, this hygienist helped me realize that it was the floss I was using that left my gums so sensitive and not because I wasn't flossing right. So everyone out there: Don't use that Glide slippery stuff! It doesn't actually remove the plaque from your teeth like the gritty kind. Apparently flossing twice a day doesn't matter if the floss doesn't work like it's supposed to. Who knew?

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 9:27 PM, Blogger Jael said...

That is fantastic to know! I dread dentists too but I have to go or I feel gross. Totally OCD about my teeth.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home