Friday, December 02, 2005

To Blog is Divine

I'm really getting to like this whole blogging thing. I wish blogs had been around when I was a kid. I sporadically kept journals throughout childhood, and a recurring theme was the strange sense I felt that I was writing for an audience other than myself (but I'm pretty sure I was actually the only one reading my journals). That is truly the essence of a blog; it is a journal that everyone in the world can read. As a child I really only thought about compiling the journals into a book someday, never anticipating this future medium that would fully encapsulate all those feelings I had about journaling. Perhaps someday I will create another blog with a post for each day I aged. A virtual snapshot of my childhood.

I sat down with another graduate student and spent hours just talking about research ideas, teaching, anything. We were so energized, and we fueled each other's excitement. I don't know how many times I've talked with others and we came to the conclusion that we should have recorded our conversation! I just love theorizing, synthesizing, teasing apart. Truly the best ideas come out through conversation. I came up with two research ideas: one piggy-backing on vygotskian approaches to learning, the other clarifying the direction for research that I had planned to do with a faculty member (although I may be just be participating in her research initially, no need to make any changes in methodology).

I enjoyed a fun time with my prayer partner this morning. We were both in relaxed moods and laughed more than we ever have in the past.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home