Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Maven of the Measurement Lab

That's my new title. I'm excited because one of my profs asked me to be in charge of the measurement lab. Currently the lab is closed off, unused, and collecting dust. But, this prof wants to get the lab up and running again. So I'm going to be invovled in cleaning it up, checking on the computers, getting rid of unnecessary stuff, logging things, keeping track of things, and installing measurement packages, and serving as on-duty consultant (I think I'm correct in assuming that last one will happen, seems to me more like a paid position or credit-fulfilling position). But, anyways, I'm excited that he asked me (and included his advisee). I don't think he realized I don't know anything about IT stuff, and I'm just learning about measurement stuff. But, I'll get up to speed and I get a nice title (see above) and something to put on my curriculum vitae (or resume if you prefer).

1 Comments:

At 7:53 AM, Blogger Kimberly Brixey said...

You are very brave to take on such a challenge expecting to be qualified later. It's so the way God works. "He does not call the qualified, but qualifies the called." It keeps our service to Him interesting.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home