Monday, September 18, 2006

Academic gossip: To indulge or not to indulge?

One of the other grad students began gossiping about his own office mate today. Something to do with his failure to defend his master's and submit the thesis to the grad school. And perhaps his quest to apply to every Ph.D. program we have in this building in order to stay here. Then being rebuffed by said programs because of his non-finalized master's. All I can say is, I tried to counter everything this grad student said based on my own knowledge. What do you mean? Didn't he just defend his thesis last semester? Really, I think he just wanted to perfect the thesis, but his advisor told him to submit it. What? I though he only wanted a degree in School Psych. No, he has a master's in stats, too. He could have just gotten his Ph.D. in stats, but he wanted to go into School Psych. And he was accepted, by the way.

I mean, come on! You are his office mate and you don't know the things I know about him? Stop gossiping! Who are you even talking to about this? Are you people gossiping about me, too? God forbid!

I could swear the psychology master's program attracts certain kinds of people, namely gossips! I'm almost glad the program got slashed. No more gossips, I say!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home