Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Coffee at 12:30am is never a good idea

It is now 3am and I cannot fall asleep because of that one cup of coffee that I drank at 12:30am in order to energize my mind enough to comprehend my readings. Sometimes a series of stupid decisions is made that completely embarrass me. Like this one perhaps. I was riding a high wave after the episode of genius in class (he, he) and in order to balance out the universe, I proceeded to descend into the realm of stupidity. It was fine when I decided to write out checks for bills before starting the reading, but then I absorbed myself in internet musings and travel through interwebs of information. No other activity holds fast on my attention as browsing the internet. I then find myself drifting into sleepiness at a time that I normally go to bed. Unfortunately, my readings still beckon my name, calling from the depths of pages made of paper rather than a rapidly refreshing screen. I heed the call, but not without reinforcements in the form of caffeine. Oh, caffeine, my friend and foe. Giving me a boost of energy that lasts beyond the desired time frame. For here I am again, late into the night, realizing that drifting into sleep is only composed of feelings of floating and wheels churning in my mind. All the result of a bad series of decisions. Although one thing is for sure. My late night ramblings are more interesting than the writings I produce during the day.

Having released my thoughts into the web, perhaps now I can sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home