Tuesday, October 03, 2006

As Lisrel kicks my butt...

My coolness factor keeps riding roller coaster highs and lows. I stayed after class last week to talk to my fav prof about the measurement issues I was having. This week, my fav prof asked me to stay after class because he wanted to show me a Lisrel output that related to some of the questions I asked last week. Most assuredly! I'm so cool that the prof singles me out to provide additional information that is unnecessary for the rest of the class to hear about. Then he qualifies everything by apologizing about how he has to keep the material at a certain level to match the class, otherwise eyes either glaze over or get the "deer in the headlights" look. I understood; but, I don't want to be bored either!! I like when we talk about high-level conceptual stuff in class.

So as I was saying, I'm pretty cool. Let the narcissism roll in...

But then, of course, I download Lisrel and attempt to test the assumptions of my survey on my own. I managed to import my SPPS file and that was about it. So yeah, I'm not actually that cool, it appears. Now I must ask said fav prof to give me a tutorial on Lisrel. Gah! I like being able to figure things out on my own and not having to ask for help! Alas, I'm just not quite cool enough...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home