Thursday, January 31, 2008

I am soo exhausted.

I really love the fact that I get teaching over with first thing in the morning (class is at 9:30am). But, I have been having such a hard time adjusting to the schedule change. I'm a night person, so having to get up at 6am in the morning is slowly, but surely draining me. And it's throwing off my metabolism as well. I'm constantly hungry, but I can't each much at any one time. When I get home at 4pm-ish, I'm ravenous and completely brain dead. Sigh...

But, I'm a grad student and I have work that needs to get done at night, on top of the work that was done during the day. I can't be brain dead at night. Sometimes I wish I could go back to that blissful first year of graduate school...back when I was full of optimism and thought I could do anything. Back when I had time to myself and time to enjoy learning for classes.

But, on the other hand, I don't think I'd trade my stage in life with any other. I can see the end of this all. I have some really awesome people in my life and really great support from a number of sources. I consider this place home and there are plenty of things to be thankful for.

I'm thankful for it all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home