Thursday, January 24, 2008

Autism

Connections, among connections, all leading back to autism, for some reason. My grad student friend, Tisha, just possibly got the position as research assistant for an autism grant. And then I got an email from an old friend of mine who announced that she got a new job in China to work with children with autism. And my little sister has a new research assistantship to code blogs of autistic individuals. Not to mention one of my advisers does fMRI research on autism.

From my little sister, I learned about the Autism Rights Movement, in which individuals with autism self-advocate for the rights of personhood. And I watched this video. And then I watched a related video advertisement for a speech/language/communication center that hounded the need for learning normal, typical communication. Such stark contrast...I don't know what to say...you will see for yourself.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home