Saturday, December 22, 2007

This has not been the holiday break I was hoping it would be

I didn't realize it would be so hard to spend Christmas away from my family. I'm not going home this Christmas because my family moved to Texas (what were they thinking!?!) and I can't afford to fly out there for the holidays. So now I'm spending Christmas with my boyfriend's best friend and his family. They are so close that my boyfriend is pretty much a member of their family. But, I don't know them very well, and this is the first holiday that I'll be spending with a significant other's family instead of my own.

I'm not excited about spending Christmas with them at all because all I can think about is my family and how I'm the only one who isn't there this Christmas. Even my little sister's boyfriend is going to be there.

Sigh...

And I'm not getting any paper-writing done either...

2 Comments:

At 8:05 PM, Blogger karen said...

I'm sorry you didn't get to be with your family =0( I cannot even imagine. Hope it wasn't too uncomfortable. And I'm not getting any paper-writing done, either. So much for a productive break, eh? ah well.

 
At 12:35 AM, Blogger kiki said...

Nah, it wasn't too bad. I had a lot of fun playing wii with their family. But, my boyfriend had better come with me to see my family next Christmas or I am going to kick his butt!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home