Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Amazing New Developments

I'm quite pleased to announce that I graduated with my Ph.D. in Educational Psychology, and just last week I secured my first job as visiting assistant professor. Ahh! It is very exciting. Luckily, I don't have to move very far, and I can still see my boyfriend on the weekends. The new position seems to be a perfect fit for me! I will be teaching four sections of general psychology with only 20 students per section. And they would like me to perform service with the first year experience program they just started up, which was actually the topic of my dissertation. This position is predominantly for teaching with very little research, but they encouraged me that I would still be able to do some research. I may have some time to devote to research, but it is not critical to get moving with a research project since I'm currently in the writing phase to produce some articles. Altogether, I'm very pleased to have landed a position right out of grad school and mid-year even! It's almost unheard of; thus, I'm very happy about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home