Friday, November 07, 2008

I passed...

And then the self-criticism and self-loathing hit me hard. All night long...all I could do was bawl. It really is a hazing ceremony. And I didn't think I was worthy of passing and the other professors wondered why I was trying to graduate so quickly. They obviously saw that I was not ready to graduate, and that I would benefit from another year or two in grad school. The problem is, I know I'm not ready, and I feel like I'm hurting myself by trying to graduate so soon.

And only one person bothered to congratulate me when it was over. I think that really shows that they didn't think too highly of my performance even if they did pass me.

But, the worst part of it is that I can't stand it when people address my as doctor because I don't feel like I'm worthy of the title. Why do I entertain such self-criticisms? And how do I stop doing that to myself?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home