Sunday, February 19, 2006

Incoherent mumblings

Today, as the sum melted the snow, I could not help but wish to be outside. Cooped up in my house due to the freezing snow, I glorified in the new sun. I shopped, but bought nothing of consequence. It was a mere desire to be outside. As I walked outside each storefront, my steps light, my stride jaunty, I meandered here and there. Alas, the shadows lengthened, and I returned to these four walls. The intensity faded, correspindingly my joy subsided. To be replaced with a reminder of my duties. Ahh, procrasnination, my friend, ever-present. But, I must bid you goodbye, for I see the dishes drying in the rack. I hear the laundy has spun still. I see the carpet calling me to vacuum. Must I heed the call? Must I pry myself from my computer. Oh, computer, truly you warp time into an accordion. Scrunched in, I feel the constant pull of the computer screen. Stetched out, I discover how much time has truly passed. But, no, not this time.....

2 Comments:

At 10:02 AM, Blogger Kimberly Brixey said...

I think you can sum it up into Spring Fever. We are having a lot of that around here too!

 
At 12:51 PM, Blogger kiki said...

Ugh! how true! I can't wait to start lowering my thermostate. I had it at 68 degres a couple of days last week and I overheated after my morning shower.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home