Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Almost 27 for real this time

Tomorrow is my birthday and I'm finally 27. I've been thinking I was 27 for the last 6 months. Ever since I met my prayer partner and learned that she is 27, I've been thinking of myself as 27, when I'm actually 26. Looking back into my childhood I realize why my age shifted in my mind. I've always been one year older than my friends. So now that I have a friend that is one year older than I, my psyche took over and dictated a new age to assure myself that, yes, all is right with the world.

I really must get it into my head that I'm going to turn 27 tomorrow and not 28. And I will finally be the age I've been thinking myself for the last 6 months. Ohh, this is so confusing!!

3 Comments:

At 8:34 AM, Blogger Kimberly Brixey said...

Wow girl and I thought I over analyzed. LOL!

 
At 8:35 AM, Blogger Kimberly Brixey said...

OH by the way... happy birthday a couple weeks late!! I won't tell you how old I am but Let's just say I feel 26 so I'll be feeling 27 with you on May 25th!

 
At 3:06 PM, Blogger kiki said...

Oh, but over-analyzing is the name of the game! Thanks for the birthday wish; I would that we all felt so forever young.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home