Saturday, May 06, 2006

And so it is that the semester ends...

I was looking back at my posts from the end of last semester and I find that I was much more peppy back then. My recent posts from the end of this semester were much more dreary. I think that last semester was a blissful time that will never be recreated. It was the very beginning of my program and I had much more free time to play on the internet and veg. Now, I've been juggling so much more that I can't even play on the internet like I used to. In all those previous posts where I lamented my addiction to the internet, I thought I needed to excercise self-control. In actuality, I just needed my time to be filled to the brim, which only elevates my stress level. It always works out this way; the first year is blissfully slow and the subsequent years are impossibly filled with far too much.

A friend of mine told me that all I do is complain about research on my blog. Well, friend, if you are reading this, be happy that I don't complain about you on my blog. He,he,he. My Pastor just told me that he finds my blog enjoyable and humorous. See how much better it is to say things that build others up? For it could be none other than the Holy Spirit within my Pastor that gives him such joy and shows him how to see the positive within others (and their blogs) and find humor in the quirky way that I express myself online. For though I have not been quirky as of late, the quirkiness shall return. And the beginning of summer shall hopefully provide more positive fodder for my online thoughts. Perhaps I shall blog about the cuteness that is my neice and nephew (both of whom I absolutely adore). Or perhaps I shall soliloquize about nothing in particular. But, in any case, I myself hope that the attitude and mood that brings about my quirkiness will return and manifest itself joyfully online.

And yes, the semester is slowly coming to a close with the completion of one more paper within the next couple of days. Then I am off to see my family for a week. The change of pace shall be nice and no thought of school shall enter my mind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home