Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Unusual turn of events...

I returned and found that the dissertation had been delivered to my door. Unfortunately, I discovered that the theory of mind measure I had constructed was based on exactly the same scenario as the actual theory of mind measure I just obtained. How unusual...but, as such, I could not use this measure because it was too similar to the one I had already given (see post below). Mine was slightly more elaborate and the wording was a little different, but otherwise the scenario was exactly the same. It was as if I foreknew what the story was going to be. I just wish the slight modification in wording hadn't affected the reliability so extremely.

All is not lost, though, even though I'm going to have to scrap the quantitative analysis, I do plan to conduct a qualitative analysis (which never has to reach statistical significance because it is not based on numbers). I'm going to sit in on a qualitative analysis class this summer to learn more about this type of methodology. The video recordings of the reading groups and the open-ended written summaries will provide great fodder for qualitative analyses (yes, for those of you whom I have teased in the past about this great divide between qualitative and quantitative analysis and the obvious superiority of quantitative analysis, I eat my words and apologize profusely :) ).

In other news, God has orchestrated a series of financial fiascoes that resulted in my withdrawal from all the summer courses I had intended to take. I don't really understand God's purpose in all this, yet. But, I do know that God was the one who did it, and that it was for a specific purpose. I imagine that God has other plans for me this summer. I just hope I manage to figure them out and walk out God's plans for me anyways.

2 Comments:

At 1:21 PM, Blogger Kimberly Brixey said...

Sometimes God just wants us to rest.. to cease from our work and reflect on what we have already done.

 
At 10:25 PM, Blogger kiki said...

Methinks you are right!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home