Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Combating Illness

Twas a strange day today. I woke up feeling like perhaps I might be coming down with a cold. So I took vitamin C and zinc. However, on my way into school, I felt such horrible stomach cramps. I hoped it was just gas, so I tried burping. But, on my way into the building, I threw up a little in my mouth. Alarm bells went off inside my head and I just barely made it into the bathroom before projectile vomiting into the trash can. In the midst of all this, one of the professors I know from a different department came in and the first thing she said was, "Are you pregnant?"

Whoa! Hold on a minute there! That's not the first thing that pops into my mind when I see someone throw up. I would think, "Oh, poor thing is sick." So now I'm embarrassed because she thought I might be pregnant, in addition to being embarrassed because she found me in the process of throwing up.

Oi vey! She was very nice, though, because the next thing she did was whet a paper towel and hand it to me with a dry towel as well.

So I collected myself and managed to meet with my advisor and the Ed Psych Society for the next two hours before heading home. Yes, I'm crazy, but I just spent 20 minutes getting from my house to the psych building and I was not about to just go home without doing what I came in to do. (Hopefully without spreading my germs in the process.)

Illness! You are on notice! Prepare to die a swift death! You will rue the day you decided to make me ill!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home