Thursday, October 05, 2006

Now Superlab is kicking my butt...

It is a week of software issues. I've been trying to program my powerpoint task into Superlab, a stimulus presentation software. But, since the background is black, the screen flashes bright for a split second before presenting the next stimulus. It's driving me nuts! I even posted a question on the Superlab support forum. However, I realized half-an-hour later that this is probably just due to the refresh rate on my screen. Actually, I'm using an LCD monitor, so the refresh rate does not apply. So now I may have to drag my old CRT monitor into the lab and set it up because the computer in the lab is also hooked up to an LCD monitor. Then I'll have to adjust the refresh rate of the screen to refresh very quickly because my stimulus is being presented on the order of milliseconds and an LCD monitor probably can't handle that speed. Yeah, this is the one time when advancements in technology (i.e., from CRT to LCD) is actually detrimental.

I really hope that's the problem, because I don't want to have to switch to a white background. It's never a good idea to make radical changes like that to a task at the same time as you make other modifications, because then you don't know if the results are due to your intended modifications or to unintentional modifications (like changing the background color).

Argh!

2 Comments:

At 8:00 AM, Blogger Psychobunny said...

Good luck with the technology problems! I can't help because I know nothing about the programs, but I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

 
At 11:39 PM, Blogger kiki said...

Thanks psychobunny! I got some good advice on the Superlab forum and figured out how to fix the flickering. Now it's all good, except that I spent three and a half hours working on it tonight and I'm still on the instructions! Argh! But, that's okay, this is an incredibly complicated task to program. It's fun, though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home