Monday, December 29, 2008

Moving


I'm moving this weekend, and I've been packing frantically in order to be ready to load up the truck this Friday. The house is in disarray; every room still has something in it. But, I'm starting to get excited about the prospect of setting up the new rental house just the way I want it. The owners didn't want to move the ginormous master bedroom furniture down the narrow and twisting stairway; they asked me if I wanted to purchase the whole set, including a bed, armoir, dresser, nightstands, and a chair. I'm glad to buy the furniture at the fair price; although I'm planning to move the full bed into the guest bedroom so that I can still use my beautiful queen-sized bed. Thus, I'm upgrading both my master and guest bedroom furniture, which makes me happy. The guest bedroom is painted in blue; I'm going to purchase blue and brown bedding, and decorate the room accordingly. I love decorating. I'm excited about arranging furniture and deciding where to place decorative pieces. I guess there is an upside to packing and moving heavy boxes. I'm especially excited about how gorgeous the house is. Because it was a model home, it is outfitted with stainless steel appliances, a dual-oven, granite counter tops, a stained glass window, various paint jobs, and a decked-out bathroom suite off the large master bedroom. Sigh...I'll be in heaven...

2 Comments:

At 4:18 PM, Blogger Jael said...

Wow!!!! That sounds beautiful. Hopefully I'll be back in CO by the end of the year and I can come check out the guest room ;). I am so happy for you!!!! Congrats again!!!

 
At 6:33 PM, Blogger kiki said...

Yes! Definitely! I would love to have you stay with me when you come out here. Look me up!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home