Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Update: Job Application and Teaching

Well, I made it thought the first cut. After my phone interview, the committee has selected me and one other person to come in for a campus interview lasting the whole day. I'm excited and nervous. And after the teaching evaluations I got for last semester, I'm really hoping I get the job. I need something that would be a better fit for me than teaching. Teaching is such a tremendously difficult, draining activity that I am simply not skilled at and the student critiques are quite clear about that fact. Ugh, I shouldn't have read my teaching evaluations if I wanted to have any semblance of self-confidence for the in-person interview next week. Readers: please be thinking of me on my campus interview this June 8th.

2 Comments:

At 9:31 PM, Blogger karen said...

I am sending positive thoughts your way (from now through the 8th)! Not that you need luck, but good luck - I think this sounds like it would be a great fit for you - hopefully the selection committee will think so, too!

On a side note, we still need to get together this summer...and then I can pick your brain about teaching the 3hr block section of Human Growth & Development...

Love you! Just be yourself and you will shine!

 
At 4:19 PM, Blogger kiki said...

I'd love to get together! I don't have much to say about teaching lifespand other than lots and lots of activities and group discussion. Breaking up the 3 hour time slot will help both you and the students.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home