Monday, December 26, 2005

So Christmas has come and gone

This has been an unusual Christmas. My brother and sister-in-law could not come visit since they had been here a couple of months ago, and they don't live close enough to visit freely. So I was the only one to travel to stay with the family. I don't believe my sister counts; she's returned from college, and staying in her own room for the duration of the break, but we hardly ever see her since she spends most of her time with her friends and boyfriend.

The whole family is growing up and now we have a new generation of children to rush to the presents on Christmas morning. The five-year-old and three-year-old were very eager and my little sister had to monitor the gifts since the three-year-old was trying to rip open any gift in front of her regardless of whether or not the gift was for her or somebody else. It was cute, but a little disturbing to my little sister.

Tomorrow, I am participating in a training seminar for the BrainWise program for teaching problem-solving skills to at-risk children. I am not actually going to teach the program myself, but I need to know how the program works in order to plan reading assessements for the children involved in the program. I'm going to test whether BrainWise actually has an impact on the reading comprehension abilities of the children, even though the program is more geared toward behavioral intervention than reading instruction.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home