Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Oops! I spoke too soon...

There's been a kink in the research process. I found out today that one of the professors who teaches undergrad research methods failed to request to use the psych 120 pool for her students (who need to conduct an experiment for their class). So now my request has been bumped and the pool has been more than exhausted. My group and I will have to go through the university IRB to use students from other classes. We'll have to ask professors if they will offer extra credit for us to test their students. I think it will be okay, though. The person who's in charge of the psych 120 pool offered to allow us to use the students in his classes if we get approval. (that's 100 students already)

I just wish I had acted on my gut feelings to apply for the university IRB to supplement what I thought we would have. Now, we are going to be pushing the limits of our available time in order to get this project done before the semester ends. (IRB approval takes two or three weeks).

I also think I experienced immediate retribution for expressing anger about this. When I found out this morning, I immediately drove in to school. I met a different grad student in the parking lot and we chatted for awhile. I made references to how angry I was about losing the psych 120 pool and said I was going to talk to the prof in charge to see what's going on. Then I made references to having my claws drawn and put my left hand in the form of a claw. Then I tried to enter the building. As I did, my left hand got stuck in the handle as I yanked the door open. Suffice it to say, the exact hand I had used just minutes before to express my anger was now bruised and in extreme pain. I think I'm going to be a lot more careful about my actions from now on. This is not the first time that God hasn't allowed me to get away with something that appears so minor. I must maintain a soft heart.

On the plus side, I got ahold of a teacher who might work with us for the other project I'm working on. So things are moving on that end. Plus, we might have another school that might work with us. We shall see..

1 Comments:

At 1:41 PM, Blogger Kimberly Brixey said...

Oh I see God has made you take Anger Management 101 as well! Good luck with your research, I am sure the Lord will provide your pool. Maybe it was more of "Aren't you trusting me?" instead of anger management.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home