Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Back to School Blues

Returning to school has lost it's glamour. Instead of the usual excitement and familiarity of the sights and people, I am filled with a sense of dread and responsibility. More is required of me than I would like to manage right now. And there is no joy in it. Whatever drew me to this field? I can't remember anymore. I've lost interest in the Ed Psych Society. I don't really want to oversee research colloquiums. All I have left in me anymore is a simmering passion for conducting research. I was so disappointed in my class today. My own lack of interest and minimal background knowledge, in addition to seemingly inadequate group dynamics left something to be desired. It felt like one more chore to be tacked onto the to-do list. The instructor required a great deal of documented work, which reverted my attitude towards the class to an undergraduate mentality (i.e., just do what's required to get the "A"). I'm so tired to juggling so many things. The more things I must juggle, the lower I can throw each thing up into the air. Pretty soon it all comes tumbling down.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home