Friday, July 14, 2006

It's been awhile...

Since I last posted. Recap...This is the last week that I met with the Frontiers of Science students. I really miss them already. I'll go to their PowerPoint presentations next week and that's it. Sigh...Mentoring high schoolers turned out to be really rewarding this summer. Now the project we were working on has stepped up a notch. We're testing college students next week and I'm only leading two other undergrads, both of whom have just graduated. It may be mentoring, but without requiring the same level of supervison and assistance. I love mentoring on all levels.

I got my hair cut today. The hairstylist asked the obligatory questions about me. She pegged me for a counselor immediately. I'm not a counselor, nor am I studying to become one, but she is certainly not the first one to assume I'm a counselor or suggest I should become one. I actually think I'm too empathic to be a counselor. I would not be able to divorce myself from my work. I'd be mulling over other people's problems and become consumed by it. But, sure, if you want to tell me your problems, go right ahead.

I've moved in a new direction for research. Introducing....working memory deficits in diet restrictors/anorexics. Wait, I'm in an Ed Psych program, right? Yeah, but I get to work on neuropsychology and cognitive psychology, too. I'm sure I'll do my dissertation on something related to education, maybe...hehe. I'm just glad to be back here, doing a doctoral program in a department where none existed previously. I never in a million years thought I'd actually come back to the same department I left after my masters, though I had wished it. It must have truly been a divine act of God. I'm so glad God is in control.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home