Thursday, February 01, 2007

Conference Presentations Galore

Next week I'm heading off to the International Neuropsychological Society conference in Oregon. I've never been to that part of the country before. I'm looking forward to seeing the sights, but I'm more interested in the conference itself. Posner is presenting on self-regulation. I can proudly say that he's my academic great uncle, since he was on the dissertation committee of my former advisor. So I've been running around printing my poster, buying a mail tube, and all other such things. I still need to create a handout and print off a bunch. Sigh, just one more thing to check off the list.

Last week Research Associate #2 emailed me the APS conference call for papers. It was the second-to-last day to submit and she wanted to see if we could submit something. So I figured we could change the titles on our current presentations for RMPA in April, cut the abstracts down to 500 words, and submit the same stuff for APS in May. He, he, he. Everybody does that, right? I'm certainly not going to be able to make it to that conference, so we put her name first on both submissions, which makes it even more likely to appear that the submissions are about different studies. He, he, he. Sometimes I question my own sense of ethics and professionalism, but not now apparently. :)

With this recent conference craze, that puts me at three conferences in the first part of this year. Plus, the Neuropsychologist just informed me of the American Academy of Clinical Neuropsychology conference in June, which I'd like to attend. Now the tally is up to four. Conferences galore, indeed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home