Wednesday, January 17, 2007

All I want to do right now is...

Go home and go to sleep. Maybe get something to eat, too. I'm pretty sure that I didn't actually sleep last night. For one, I went from too little sensory intake to sensory overload within a day's time. The resultant effect was a need to process everything. And so I did, over and over again. But, every few minutes I would be reminded of the fact that with the possible addition of that 16-hour-a-week GRA, I might actually be over-doing it this semester. Not a pleasant thought to entertain all night long. Secondly, I realize now why I don't live with other people. I have to be alone in order to wind down from the day. Last night, I offered to let a new research associate stay at my house overnight because she has such a long commute. I was so wired-up by talking with her that I couldn't process anything until I was in bed. Once there, sleep eluded me until morning, when I fell into a headachey, fitful haze of semi-consciousness. I think I was also unable to sleep due to the novelty of having someone stay over. Oh, I have to clean, Oh, here's some pillow-cases, Oh, there's someone else in this house, sleeping right across the hall from me. This is going to be a weekly occurrence and I hope I can get used to it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home