Sunday, April 15, 2007

I won!!!

My research group won the student research award at the conference! It turns out that they gave awards to the top three of the eight nominees. We were one of the top three who won the award. I was very shocked and my professor had to poke at me to get up and receive the award. I've always hated getting up in front of the public for things like that. So I got all worked up and had to wind down afterwards. One of my colleagues was there to receive it with me, and although I was disgruntled last week, she really did pull through and work hard on her part. Now I'm going to split up the award money among us. It's nice to receive money as well as recognition (and a free t-shirt).

Therefore, everything is all okay. I made it through the conference and won the award. Now back to real life and to that massive amount of school work waiting for me...

1 Comments:

At 11:33 PM, Blogger Psychobunny said...

Congrats!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home