Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Random Stuff

Well, I finally switched over to the new blogger. I've been avoiding my blog because there is simply no time to write in it this semester, so I just recently switched. But, in the process of switching, I lost my profile information and can't post my picture in the profile anymore (broken link). Sad. Very Sad.

So I replaced it with my avatar, which looks way cooler than I do in real life anyways (and signifies that I'm a cat person by the way).

Well, I'm just barely making it through the semester. I have three weeks left. I still don't have enough time in the day to do everything I've committed to do.

I have to make up hours for my GRA over the summer because I didn't work enough on it this semester. I'm hoping the project coordinator just gives me a grant to write. For some reason, I love the rush of applying for grants (although I have not been successful for the last three grant applications, you'd think I'd give up, but no, I need more punishment). But, the project coordinator complimented me on my "wonderful" job on the website project this semester. I wonder what's up her sleeve. She knows I've only been working about 25% of what I should be working, but I'm getting paid for 100%.

I've secured a GA for the summer in the computer lab. So far, I have evaded detection for my negligence and pitiful technical knowledge as a lab consultant. Wish me luck as I continue the facade.

I got an extension on my stats methodological paper. Now I just have to learn about measurement equivalence in SEM and IRT and write it up this weekend. Not a problem.

I just finished presenting in my seminar class today. It went fine, but I was about to crack, and pretty much dissed on some of the students for not posting on the discussion board. My presentation day was the only time that virtually nobody posted on the board. Let's just say that my way of interpreting information led me to believe that nobody had done the reading and I took it personally. I thought they weren't interested in my topic and I saw it as a sign of disrespect. Blech! I'm probably misinterpreting all that, but in my tired, stressed state, I couldn't help myself. The discussion was a little strained, too. But, people complimented me on my presentation afterwards, and one of the students said she'd be interested in doing research with me if I was doing something related to the topic I presented. I certainly felt better about that.

That's about it. Sorry for the thinly veiled sarcastic pessimism. I'll be back to my normal facetious playfulness in approximately three weeks.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 7:11 PM, Blogger karen said...

I looooove you, and I loooove learning about attention and pre-attentive prossessing (and that's not spelled right, is it?), and I'm sorry for the puny posts...it's not you, it's me. I SWEAR. ;0)
And such might be the case w/ everyone else - end of the semester crunch, ya' know? I'm not expecting much in response to the topic Trista (lol) and I are presenting on this Tuesday.

You are PHENOMENAL! (and multi-talented)

 
At 7:12 PM, Blogger karen said...

processing - I got it! That was rough for a minute, there...

 
At 6:39 PM, Blogger kiki said...

Awww!!! Karen thank you so much! I feel much better about everything now.

You and Trista are going to be AWESOME tomorrow! I can't wait for you guys to present.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home