Tuesday, June 12, 2007

An exercise in narcissism

Ahhh....I love being narcissistic. You should try it sometime. It's very refreshing. So here's my latest engagement with the poorly appreciated personality trait of narcissism:

1) One of my best friends from high school filled out one of those surveys about yourself and posted it on her MySpace page. One of the questions was, "Name someone you consider to be a genius." She named moi! And gave my whole name, by the way. Now the whole world (or at least the readership of said MySpace page) can search for my extremely common name and fail to identify me in their quest to meet my genius self.

2) One of my undergraduate research assistants who helped me last semester has named me as one of his favorite people on his facebook page. In specifics, he has dubbed me, "Fearless Leader!" Now the whole world (or readership of said facebook page) can follow his link to my facebook page and view the one who bears the label of fearless leader!

And now that I have satisfied my narcissistic needs I sign off, recommending you try on the same poorly appreciated personality defect.

5 Comments:

At 4:56 PM, Blogger Jael said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 4:57 PM, Blogger Jael said...

lmao That's so awesome! Your famous on said myspace and facebook pages. Next thing we know you'll be doing virtual handprints in virtual cement on a virtual sidewalk on a virtual server. Life can't get much better than that. I'm jealous. Too bad I don't have your name, I would totally pretend I was the one who they named. :) See ya tomorrow!

 
At 5:03 PM, Blogger kiki said...

Yes! I love being virtually famous! It's astronomical! Eat my dust Paris Hilton!!

 
At 1:23 PM, Blogger kiki said...

Thanks! I appreciate that! You know, it can be a real challenge to develop narcissistic tendencies in oneself. I'm glad to know you think I've done such a good job in my quest to become a narcissist.

Sigh, I can rest easy now...

 
At 5:32 PM, Blogger karen said...

hehehe...

you get an A+ AND a gold star!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home