Saturday, May 31, 2008

Anxiety Dreams

Its less than a week before I defend my proposal and attend orientation for teaching upward bound students. I'm already having anxiety dreams that are pretty obvious. I'm in a car with my boyfriend. He's in the passenger seat and I'm in the backseat. Nobody is in the driver's seat, but the car is going. I'm frantically trying to grab the wheel from the backseat to keep the car from careening off the road. But, my boyfriend won't help me drive the car; he's sitting there like a lump on a log. Then as we approach the bridge, we discover the road has caved in and there's no way to get to the other side. I somehow manage to stop the car and venture out alone. I climb down one ladder and up another to this unusual place where people are trying to get where they are going. I feel lost, but then I spot my research advisor and follow him. I feel immensely relieved and then I wake up. That dream is so obvious I'm not even going to bother describing the interpretation. Yeesh! I'm so ready for this dissertation phase to be over with and I've barely even started.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home