Tuesday, December 30, 2008

What a day...

Wow! It's been a rough day. I met a student at school to create and print off the poster for an upcoming conference. I needed to get this done before moving. The computer that was hooked up to the poster printer at school was ancient and had not been turned on in awhile. I could barely even use any of the programs because the computer was searching for updates in the background and couldn't handle so many apps at a time. It was so frustrating. The worst part came when I finished the poster in publisher but the printer wouldn't work. I was quite perturbed because I didn't want to have to pay for printing the poster. So I went to Kinko's and found out it would cost around $100 to print the poster at standard conference poster size. Ugh! My boyfriend suggested trying to print it off at school one more time and this time it worked. After the computer had finally downloaded all the updates, it was free to print the poster. I didn't have to pay $100 but I checked my email later that day and heard back from my co-author. He found a mistake in which the number in the text didn't match the number in the figure. Sigh...I'm not going to correct it and print it off again now that I know how much it costs to print a poster that size.

In other news, I found out on facebook that one of my summer program students from last summer had a loss in her family. Her cousin died in a rollover crash. It was so tragic, and I feel so badly for her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home