Saturday, June 24, 2006

As lightning strikes...

I preemptively light candles in hopes that there is not a power outage (or surge, maybe I should unplug my laptop). The lightning started on one side of my house, momentarily illuminating the dimly lit room through a sliver in the curtains. Then the storm passed over my house and the lightning entered through the blinds on the other side of my house as I sit here deafened by the thunder. Something made a beeping noise in my house.

I listen for the rain, but I am disappointed.

I took a break from my lit search on anorexia and read scientifically-oriented blogs about recent cognitive neuroscience findings. I should not do this to myself, but I envy those bloggers. This is just a personal blog, but sometimes I think I want to have another professional blog where I post on serious issues in my field.

The Comedian once said that some people are overachievers and some people should not be.

Unfortunately, I think he was suggesting that I fall into the category of those who should not be overachievers. For the overachievers, excellence seems to come naturally (I bet those bloggers enjoy what they are doing). For those who should not be, excellence comes at a high cost and with great effort, but they still strive for excellence regardless. Sigh, I really do fall into the latter category.

I have a great many aspirations, but the work is still undone and the effort is certainly not tireless. Am I really meant to do what I do? I wish I enjoyed writing articles more. I do enjoy just about everything else. I just wish that reading articles and writing articles came more easily.

I suppose I should get back to work. Those articles don't find themselves.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home