Monday, June 05, 2006

Silly predicament that I should not even be thinking about

I tried to get the e-prime software today. It is going to be harder than expected. I went down to the psych office to see if I could get into one of the prof's offices because the other prof I'm working with thought the software might be there. The temporary administrative assistant didn't know where the office was (apparently his office had been moved, but nobody seems to know since he's on sabbatical, never to return). So she asked the Department Chair and he stopped everything he was doing to walk all over the building with me and unlock three separate rooms, looking for what I needed (have I ever mentioned that he is the best Department Chair on the face of the planet).

While we were looking, he mentioned the Structural Equation Modeling class and I remembered to tell him I was hoping the other prof was going to teach it. He laughed and we went back to his office to call the home phone number of the admin assist who was out until Wednesday and ask her if she knew where the stuff was stored (No answer.). Then he let me know that the SEM class is slated for the spring semester on the even years. So the class is not going to be offered until 2008, and he can't deviate from the plan.

Remember how I mentioned that Scary Instructor might teach it instead and I was going to refuse to take it from her? Well, it turns out the the Department Chair spoke with the Department Chair in the stats department about offering SEM next spring and they are in the process of trying to make that happen. As the Department Chair was saying this, a smile spread upon his face and it all of a sudden hit me that he was the reason Scary Instructor was potentially going to teach the class and he was doing it to help me out (because I've already indicated that need the class). I'm sure he has other people in mind because I'm not the only one who was interested in the class. But, still, I feel obligated to take the class now that he went out of his way to try to get the class offered in another department.

Gah! Not Scary Instructor! My only chance is if Scary Instructor bails or there aren't enough funds to offer another class in the SRM department. Otherwise, I might actually take this class from her because I feel too bad about refusing something that the DC went out of his way to make available for me. But, again, as the title of this post suggests, all of this is not even going to take place until next Spring of 2007. I should wait until then to be concerned. Heh!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home