Friday, December 29, 2006

Why is it still snowing?!?

Another wave of blizzard weather has hit the area and I'm not even home. Piles of snow on my driveway and I'm not there to shovel it off! Argh!

Having massive amounts of fun with the family, though. I've even forgotten all about school and given up on anything remotely school-related. For the first two days I spent some time playing with data and reading my structural equation modeling book (almost done with chapter 3! Such a riveting book!). But, now I just play board games and Mario Cart, tease my siblings, make up stories with the children, and lay around watching my favorite shows on TV (Dirty Jobs, Myth Busters, Man vs. Wild, and all of HGTV). And I'm totally whomping on everyone with all the board games. He, he, he....

I did have my car looked at and the breaks are fine. The most likely cause of the break problem was frozen break fluid in the lines, and the breaks were fine after the car thawed out. The engine was running rough, so I had them do a tune up. But, it didn't completely fix the problem and even though my car is running more smoothly, it's still making strange noises that it didn't make before the storm. I think my car is on the verge of exhausting it's usefulness. If I'm really honest with myself, I'd admit that it isn't all that safe to drive. Sigh! I really love that car. It was and still is my first car and I've driven it for ten years already. Sigh...any new car is going to have to be fantastic and unique to stand in for my old car. And the headlights have to pop up, too. (Otherwise, I'll have trouble remembering to turn off the headlights with no immediate visual reminder that they are on!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home