Monday, June 02, 2008

Follow-Up to Anxiety Dreams Post

I dreamed too soon. My advisor got an email from my research advisor in which he wanted to know how much of the analyses for my dissertation I could do independently because he was not prepared to "do it all for me." (For the record, IRT and SEM are not that easy to do on your own without much training other than conceptual knowledge).

So now my feeling of being relieved by following my research advisor in my dream is pretty much dashed. I was expecting him to help more than I realize he's willing to help. Now I really wish that I had gone or stayed at some other university where the education and mentoring of students is better. I'm just not getting what I need out of this program.

And now I don't know what to do about my dissertation...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home