Saturday, September 06, 2008

Dissertatin...

Well, I don't have much to say except that I'm dissertatin. I actually feel like I'm making progress reading articles, which feels good. I sent an email out to everyone on my committee stating that I'm considering changing topics and soliciting their opinion. I got one positive response back already. I think I'll try to have another informal proposal meeting soon to solidify the analyses and the idea of moving forward with a different topic. I suppose I'm happy about that; I haven't really allowed myself to feel bitter about changing my topic. I keep telling myself that it is a change for the better and the response I got from one of the committee members confirmed that. The new topic is more in keeping with my degree in Ed Psych and it may help me out in the long run. It might even be the start of a research program some day. And it means I don't have to learn a crazy statistical technique, which I'm realizing I only have enough knowledge about in order to be a consumer of articles using that technique, but not to actually employ the technique. It's about time I saw myself realistically, limitations and all.

2 Comments:

At 12:10 AM, Blogger karen said...

Yay!!! I am SO glad things are coming together for you!
Let me know if you ever want to go grab coffee or something... :)

 
At 6:21 PM, Blogger kiki said...

Coffee would be fantastically wonderful!! Let's do it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home