Monday, April 13, 2009

Engagement

My boyfriend proposed to me yesterday! He sent me on an Easter egg hunt for plastic colored eggs, and said the golden egg held something special. When I couldn't find the egg, it turned out he set it on the coffee table while I was searching for the other eggs. He held the egg in front of me and opened it while he proposed. It was his mother's ring that was inside the golden egg. He told me that his mother had given him her wedding band and engagement ring, telling him to keep it until he was sure he had found someone special to spend the rest of his life with. I was so thrilled and honored to wear his mother's ring. I still need to get it re-sized before I start wearing it. No plans yet for the wedding date. I want to see whether he gets that job down here before we make any plans. But I must say it feels so wonderful to be engaged.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home