Friday, May 29, 2009

Moving...but not I

My fiance is attempting to move down here this weekend. But, the truck reservation fell through. They made a mistake with a reservation, and let someone else take his reserved truck. There might be a possibility on Sunday, but I think he might have to wait until next weekend to move his stuff. This is a really big weekend for moving and every company is completely booked. It's been frustrating.

Sigh, it's also been a little sad because he was my last major connection to the city I've spent my undergrad, master's, and Ph.D. years. Now that he's leaving, I don't have a reason to return there as frequently, and I don't have a place to stay there any more. He has just as much, if not more, connection to that city. He's going to miss his friends and coworkers. I kinda feel guilty because I don't think he ever would have left if I hadn't left. I know it's a good move for him, but I feel guilty for making him leave.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home