Sunday, May 24, 2009

Wedding Dress

I think I've found the right wedding dress. I went to a little boutique that has been in operation for the last 20 years. The owner even designs her own dresses. That seems like a fun job to me, designing beautiful dresses. My consultant was very nice; she was very patient with me because I kept wanting to try on more dresses. I didn't get excited about any of the dresses; I just had a lukewarm response. It took me awhile to figure out what I wanted. I knew from going dress shopping with my younger sister for her wedding dress that I really wanted the fabric to be taffeta. From looking at wedding dresses online, I thought I liked the full skirt with bunching and gathering. But, I finally found something special with the last dress. It had angled rouching on the bodice with some beadwork. It's a very unique color, too. It's labeled, "gold." But, it is a very pale shade, a little like the warm glow of candlelight. There was another layer of fabric that originated from the hip and draped down in a angle around the whole dress. So there wasn't any bunching of the fabric in the skirt, but I preferred the layered design. I didn't actually order the dress, though. I was afraid to commit, so I'm going back next weekend to try the dress on again. Then I'll make the final decision.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home