Friday, June 26, 2009

I'm excited! I'm excited! I'm excited!

We have been working with a real estate agent ever since we contacted him to view the first townhouse last week. Tomorrow he is going to take us around to see a bunch of other townhouses in the area. I'm really excited to see some other townhouses after that first dingy repo we saw. I'm excited, but I'm worried that my fiance and I might not be on the same page regarding these townhouses. Now that I found out my fiance can qualify for those initial townhouses in that gated community, I hope he doesn't find a townhouse he prefers that's located further south. Our job locations are out of whack. I'm very far north of town and he is smack dab in the middle, but in a more southern area of town. Unfortunately, there are very few townhouses located in a nice central area between our jobs. It's either going to be close to my work, or a place closer to his and further from mine. The four-bedroom townhouses in a gated community is close to my work, and anything closer to his work is only 2 or 3 bedrooms and not located in a gated community. He is very resistant to the townhouses close to my work because he wants to be able to get home sooner in the evenings to spend time with me and future kids. That's very sweet of him, but still, I want a place we can grow into, that is in a safe neighborhood, and likely to retain its value or go up in value. I've already looked at the comps for the gated community, and four townhouses were sold in the last year close to the listing price. This is a very desirable area. Nevertheless, I'm still excited to see the other townhouses tomorrow, and get our feet whet on the whole house-hunting experience.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home