Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Right Now I'm Exhausted

Oh my goodness! I'm so exhausted! For some reason, I've been waking up the past three nights at 3am, and haven't been able to get back to sleep easily. I'm wondering if I'm waking up because of the new sheets I recently bought. My old sheets were so worn in places that they actually ripped and a huge gaping hole was left. My new sheets appear to hold heat better, and I'm usually feeling overheated when I wake up. But, it still feels odd that it should be almost the exact same time that I wake up each night. Perhaps the body's temperature cycle is like clockwork, but still...I don't know what else could explain it other than stress. I did have a brief stress fest on Sunday night because I had spent the last couple weeks running research in my old town and only coming back down here for the weekends to check on my cat. I just didn't want to start back up at work again this week. Up until now, I've had so much freedom during the summers in grad school. Now I'm required to be working on campus even though I'm not teaching (yes, I am working at a university, it's just that this one has different rules). And I had much more freedom when I was working on research up at my previous town. Now, not so much. But, I also think I needed a confidence booster. I was stressed not only because of the demanding, stringent work schedule but also because I haven't attempted to publish articles before now and that's exactly what I had planned for my return. I felt a little more confident yesterday when I made some progress on the writing projects.

But now my brain is kinda on the fritz...

I'm on my second cup of coffee and it seems to be kicking in finally. I can look at the screen now without my eyes blearing up. Sigh, gotta do this!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home